QUEEN LAKE ASSOCIATION
(As approved and adopted by the Queen Lake Board of Directors on 10/9/1994 and by the Phillipston Selectmen on 3/27/1995)
1. No motor boat OR *personal water craft (PWC’S include, but are not limited to, Jet Skis, wet bikes, surf jets and others ), shall be launched from the Town Boat Ramp on Saturday, Sunday or Holidays from 10:00 am to 6:00 pm during the period commencing with the Saturday preceding Memorial Day and ending on the day following Labor Day.
2. No motor boat shall be operated between the hours of 10:00pm and 5:00am.
3. Dusk to Dawn operation and all towing from any *personal water craft is prohibited. (Mass. Law)
4. No motor boat or *personal water craft shall be operated in such a manner that may endanger the lives and safety of the public, or so as to cause, or threaten to cause damage to property. (Mass. Law)
5. All motor boat or *personal water craft shall be operated at a speed that is reasonable, prudent, proper and safe under all existing conditions, but not to exceed forty five miles per hour (45mi./hr.).
6. In general boat and *personal water craft traffic shall proceed around the lake in a counter-clockwise direction.
7. No motor boat or *personal water craft while being operated by power, shall pass within a distance of one hundred fifty feet (150ft.) of any other boat, canoe, raft, or swimmer. (Mass. Law)
8. No motor boat or *personal water craft shall be operated at more than head-way speed (6 mi./hr.), within two hundred feet (200ft.) of the town bathing beach, OR within one hundred feet (100ft.) of any other bathing beach or shoreline, except for the purpose of taking off or landing.
9. Any motor-propelled boat or *personal water craft shall yield the right-of-way to any non-motor-propelled boat, stationary boat, or swimmer, whenever meeting or passing occurs.
10. No motor boat or *personal water craft shall follow closer than two hundred fifty feet (250ft.) behind a person or persons being towed behind another boat.
11. All boats, canoes, and kayaks on the lake at night shall display a light and shall be operated so as not to exceed head-way speed, (No Wake). (Mass. Law)
12. No person shall operate any boat or water craft under the influence of alcohol, marijuana, or any other mind-altering substance. (Mass. Law)
13. No person shall discharge or dispose of any oil, oily waste, gasoline, raw sewage, garbage, rubbish, or any other debris or toxic material into the water OR onto the shore from any boat or raft. (Mass. Law)
14. All boating or water-skiing accidents involving personal injury or $500.00 property damage, must be reported to the police within twenty-four hours (24hrs.) of the occurrence. (Mass. Law)
15. No person shall anchor, dock, or beach any boat or water craft within two hundred feet (200ft.) of the town bathing beach.
violation of these rules and regulations may be reported to the:
Phillipston Police Dept., Tel. 978-939-3560; or Mass. State Police, Tel. 978-249-4341; or
Mass. Law Enforcement, Environmental Police, Tel. 1-800-632-8075 (24hrs.)